Appeal for Donation
Appeal for Donation
With a view to further improve facilities and infrastructure at Pravasi Bhawan, generous contributions are welcome. Donations for Pravasi Bhawan are exempt from Income –Tax under section 80G of the Income Tax Act 1961.
Aims & Objectives
- Promote goodwill and understanding among people of the world through nurturing people- to- people relationships.
- Organise cultural exchanges between the scholars and thinkers of India and other countries.
- Support studies and research to promote better understanding of the people of India and vice- versa.
- Promote awareness about the problems of Indians abroad, and highlighting their achievements in their adopted countries.
- Organise hospitality to PIO guests visiting India for social, cultural & academic works.
- Provide assistance to students from abroad especially the students from the Indian Diaspora.
- Provide facilities to people of Indian origin to trace their roots in India.
In pursuance of the objectives, the Parishad has undertaken the following programmes :-
Assist and co-operate with Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs, and the Ministry of External Affairs of the Government of India to strengthen linkages with Indian Diaspora.
- Organise art and cultural programmes , spiritual tourism for PIO visitors including students who come to study in India.
- Arrange hospitality for students especially of Indian origin in Indian families to enable them to settle down and familiarize themselves with the Indian way of life.
- Build facilities at ‘Pravasi Bhawan’ for the benefit of PIO students, scholars and visitors.
- Promote literature and provide information on the cultural life and the rich heritage of India.
- Publish Journals and Newsletters for distribution within the country and abroad with a view to promote the objectives of the Parishad.
- Organise orientation programmes for the Indian scholars and visitors going abroad and equip them with basic knowledge of cultural and social aspects of India and countries they visit.
- Bring to the notice of the Government and also promote an awareness among the general public about the problems of Indians domiciled abroad.
- Arrange seminars and meetings by eminent scholars, social workers, politicians and students from other countries and India on topics of mutual interest.
- Arrange receptions to foreign dignitaries who visit India to exchange views on the cultural, social and economic life of the people abroad and specially people of Indian origin.
- Sponsor goodwill delegation to foreign countries to study and have a better understanding of the people of those countries.
- Establish contacts with diplomatic missions of various countries in India as also with the departments dealing with foreign affairs and culture in India.